Monday 18 April 2016

Contour Kit, Make Up Revolution | Review

Hello everyone. Recently I have been loving messing around a bit more with my makeup. I started off by just adding some bronzer into my routine to see how this worked out and once I felt I became confident using this, I decided I could upgrade to getting a contour/sculpt and highlight kit. I'm not one to go all out with the different lines all over my face but I do admit that knowing where to put shading and adding a highlight onto my face really makes a difference... especially for those all important selfies! 
As I am in no way a pro at anything makeup related, I decided I would start with something budget, to give it a try and practice with. I'm pretty sure you should be starting to guess by now that I love budget makeup brands. And one in particular that I can't get enough of is Makeup Revolution. Walking into Superdrug to decide which pallet I was going to go for, I was honestly spoilt for choice. They seem to be so popular at the moment but the one I ultimately went for was obviously the Makeup Revolution Ultra Sculpt & Contour kit, light medium. I loved this one when I first saw it as it didn't look too over complicated, some of them had nearing to 8 different shades and textures on one pallet and, as I'm no pro, I just got a bit freaked out by it all. 

The shades in this kit are really easy to work with also. The bronzer shade looks dark at first look, however using a small amount on your brush to start with works really well. I find it is a really good shade to build up for a more intense, dramatic look for night time and just a light contour for those everyday cheek bone effects! 

The highlight in this pallet isn't the best one that I have seen. However it worked for what I needed it for as a beginner. I just feel that it doesn't give the same glow as some of the others I have tried. If you are looking for more of a subtle glow though then this is perfect. I find it particularly good for everyday wear as it just adds that extra dimension to my face without looking like i'm going clubbing at 10am on a Monday morning (wishful thoughts!). 
I also haven't used the blush from this one. I tried it when I was first playing around but it felt that it just didn't match my skin tone right. I felt that I was left with little orange-y shaded cheeks, in stead of the cute rosie ones I suit much more. Therefore I just don't use it. However I can imagine the full pallet working well on someone with a more olive tone to their skin. I am just way too pale to pull off the bronzed look unfortunately! 

All in all this is a really great starter pallet for those of you, like me, who are looking to get on the contour band wagon but are not really sure where to start. I would definitely recommend this, the price is really great so even if you feel that you can't get the hang of it, you're not breaking the bank. It's small and compact so really easy to travel with and fits straight into your handbag if you're wanting to keep your look topped up during the day. Another point there actually, the lasting power of the kit is really great. It last all day at work for me and the end of the day results very rarely vary from the results I get as soon as it has been applied. 

I would love to look into a more advance contour look now, especially a great highlight, leave your recommendations below! Thanks for stopping by and until next time my lovelies. 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment