Friday 11 September 2015

Makeup Revolution Iconic Pro 2 | Review


Hello you lot! Today I thought I would review my most recent Makeup Revolution purchase, the Iconic Pro 2 eye shadow pallet. 
My first impressions were great - I love the choice of colours and it even comes with a synthetic blending brush which is actually really fab! The packaging is a little on the cheap side, but I still think it looks like a nice pallet and it does it's job perfectly. Since using it, I have found that the pigment in some of the colours isn't as strong as I initially would have liked, especially in the lighter colours. I am also tending to use more of the matte shades rather than the shimmer ones as they do seem a little bit messy (the shimmer ones I do use are more of the neutral colours). Having said that, for a very reasonable £6.99, this pallet is probably one of my favourites I have brought this year. I have been disappointed with a few of them for the choice of colour or some of them wearing away and not lasting all day. That actually hasn't been an issue at all with this pallet - not that I have experienced so far anyway. 
I have mostly been using this pallet to create really lovely nude looks which do just go with everything I ever wear! I haven't had much chance to try out many of the other colours but I can't wait to create some more smoky type looks and since its coming to Autumn I'm feeling that the more orangey/brown shades are going to get a lots of use. 
If you are thinking of getting this pallet but you're not sure about going with a cheaper brand, I would definitely say that for what you pay, the quality is great! It has lasted really well during the day for me and even though some of the colours I would never touch, and some of the pigments aren't as I would have liked - it is all in all a great pallet for a great price. I will be using this a LOT more over the next months, and as it is coming to Autumn, I'm sure it will feature in a look of the month!
Sorry it's a bit of a shorter post today but I just wanted to let you know what I thought of this pallet. Let me know if you have purchased this before and if so what do you think of it? How are the colours for you? I would love to hear you comments! 
Until next time,
post signature

1 comment:

  1. I had been thinking about purchasing this palette but know I don't know because I do really like a good pigmentation! I'll have to consider it again I think haha :) x

    abittersweetdiary.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete