Saturday 23 January 2016

A Bedroom Tour | Tattydays

Hello everyone! January blues are definitely starting to set in. The weather is cold, my nose wont stop running and I don't think I have ever been so poor in all my life! Here's when I thought to myself what makes me happy? My conclusion: My bedroom. 
There is nothing I like more than getting cosy with a good Netflix series in the surroundings of my bedroom. I moved in around 2 years ago and never actually wrote a blog post about it! Well, now the time has come where I really want to share my favourite space with you guys. 
Lamp - Next Home
Photo frame - Daisy (local crafts shop)
Candle holders - yankee & gifts
Decorative pots - collected from Greece
My bedside table is probably the most personal space in my room. It is important, I think, to have essential items next to your bed. I know people have skin care and makeup etc. However for me candles, handcream and moisturiser are my most favourite items. Also, the love of my life has to feature on there somewhere! 
Rope lamp - Next home
Cat candle holder - gift
Red candle holder - yankee candle
Love, love, love details! This gorgeous rope lamp from Next Home is the perfect addition to compliment the rustic theme to my space. I am much more of a traditional lover, hence the more rustic theme. Also how adorable is my little cat candle holder? This was a Christmas present this year from my brother - a beautiful addition to my room. 
Lyrical plaque - M&S £5

Coaster - Gift

All items in this photograph are gifts!

Post card cushion - BHS £15
Bee cushion - M&S £12
Other cushions - unknown
Reindeer bedding - Next home 
Love and bees are a strong feature in my room - as you can see! (apoligies for the reindeer bedding - it's the cosiest bedding that I have and it has been so cold the past few days I really don't want to change it!) With my nickname being Bea (pronounced like bumble bee) anything that has any resemblence to a bee must be brought and placed in my room imediately! Plus they are so cute anyway! 
Books - various
Bookend - TK Maxx

Caption plaque - gift
Candle - yankee candle

Bee plate - M&S
Candle - yankee candle
Wooden cat ornament - TK Maxx
Candle - unknown
Bird ornament - unkown
The windowcill in my room is one of my favourite features! At Christmas time it is filled with reindeer and cute things and during the rest of the year my lovely little ornamtents come out. All of them are either lovely gifts brought to add some love to the room or added to the collection over the couple of years. I still love all of them and even though I buy new things to add to it all the time, I still love all  these little bits and bobs so much! I love being able to have my little collection of books on the ledge nearest to where I sleep so a good read is only an arms reach away. Obviously candles have to feature along the ledge, my room would not be half as cosy without them. Especially in the dark January months, just lighting a candle can be so calming it creates such a relaxed atmoshpere to be in. 
My dressing table is the place I make myself actually look like a human being! I love being able to have it all in one place and although I could do with a little bit more storage to arrange my makeup better, it's perfect for now. I have all my accessories on here too so that makes it easy to assemble an entire look all in one place. Most of the items on this table are again gifts! All apart from my fabulous make up bag which was purchased from a local home bird shop and the grey earing holder which was from Sainsburys! 
French Connection Brush Set - Gift
Grey earing keep sake box - Sainsburys £5
Butterfly Jewelry box - gift
Jewelry chest - Gift
I just added this little detail photograph because I love this little hanging cushion! I think this might have been another gift from my mum! Two little love birds, the patterns and detailing is just adorable! 
I couldn't do a bedroom tour without featuring the best part of my room. My bed! It is such a feature bed and I'm not really sure how it happened that we went for something so different. As soon as I saw it I totally fell in love with it. I love pine anyway and I knew that my room was going to be rustic and a bit vintage so I felt that this just fitted perfect with the theme of the room. It is also real cannon balls on the four posts of the bed so having such a unique detail was a bonus! I also wanted to show you the wallpaper as it is just what I wanted and was an absolute bargain from Next home at £15 a roll!!! It looks stunning and people always comment saying how lovely and different it is, I feel that it contributes really well to making the room feel warm. 

And there you have it! I hope you enjoyed taking a tour around my cosy bedroom! Did it bring you some warmth on this chilly Saturday? I certainly hope so. I am currently sat in a rabbit onesie with a cup of tea snuggled into my bed and this is where I'm going to stay for a couple more hours! 

Leave me a comment with your favourite feature and you have done any similar posts I would love to have a look, let me know! 
Until next time my lovelies,
post signature

1 comment:

  1. You have so many fun accessories!! LOVE the lamp <3 Great tour!!
    -Lauren
    www.elleisforlovely.com

    ReplyDelete